Thursday, December 17, 2009

Visit to the Oncologist : Dec17

More decisions to make and some surprises!
A few weeks ago, I was told by the surgeon that I would probably not benefit from having chemotherapy.
Today I was told, by the oncologist, that I would benefit from chemotherapy.
The oncologist recommended that I have hormone therapy ( in tablet form for 5 years) and chemotherapy to lower the chances of the cancer returning.
I will speak in more detail to an oncology nurse next Monday 21st. After that appointment I should be able to make the decision about chemotherapy. Having the hormone treatment is a given. This also means that we are still not 100% sure we can go on our overseas trip on Dec 29!

This is disappointing, but it's also a challenge.
Life is not boring, that's for sure!

No comments: