Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Birthday (part one)

It's a beautiful sunny Autumn day today. I've had an sms from Jenny and Richard and a lovely card from Mum and Dad, plus a special electronic greeting from Dad! At 82, he's pretty clever with the computer!



Rick gave me these things this morning for my 53rd Birthday. He says I've talked about painting something for 30 years! The mints are just an extra for my handbag.
I am off to morning tea with some lovely friends this morning.
The postman just arrived with a lovely card from Deirdre and family, and I had an e-mail from Sue W.
Since it's just over six months since my breast cancer diagnosis, I am happy and grateful to be as well as I am.


Beautiful tulips from Lee. She tells me I can't kill them! Just keep them away from the heater.


Lee and Wendy took me out to the Botanic Gardens for a delicious morning tea and then lunch! Wendy also gave me a lovely card and book mark. I was very spoilt. They mysteriously declined to be in the below photo. I think it was because they didn't want me to look ugly, standing next to them, or something like that! It was perfect Canberra Autumn weather. There WERE lots of other people there enjoying the day. They were all sitting at the tables in the other direction!

No comments: