Saturday, February 20, 2010

Home from hospital

The oophorectomy surgery went well, so they tell me. I am feeling OK and glad to be home. I have a little bit of pain etc but it's manageable.
The awful nurse who put enormous pressure on me to go home so quickly after my operation, actually did me a favour! I was glad to get home and the hospital did not give a good standard of care.
This officious nurse could have approached her task of clearing out the hospital ward differently and even achieved the same result. She wasn't the slightest bit interested in my welfare. All she wanted was an empty room. When she said I was going home, I was still connected to oxygen and a drip and a had just that minute had the catheter removed. I hadn't even stood up at that stage, or had any breakfast. The doctor hadn't even come to see me.
She was a real bully and I feel sorry for vulnerable patients who have to deal with her. I also felt sorry for the other nurses who had to work with her and carry out her orders.
My 28 hours at Calvary Hospital was not all that pleasant, but at least the surgeon did his work properly!
Anyway, now I am home, I need to rest and take it easy with everyday activities for a while. I don't want to overdo it and end up in that hospital again!
I slept well last night in my own bed.

No comments: