Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Before dawn....Tuesday

Just got up after lying awake for an hour or two. This takes me back a year or more to when this happened most nights. Hope it's a one-off! Maybe it's because my feet and legs ache from walking yesterday. Sounded like a great idea at the time, but I over-did it. Bev and I walked a bit far, thinking that we'd find a nice spot to have a drink. The place we headed for was closed.Neither of us had a phone with us so we couldn't ring our husbands to come and pick us up. 2 hours later we were home.
I am glad it's school holidays, as I wouldn't be much good at school today! It's frustrating to realise I still I can't walk and do "normal" things because of the joint aches ( medication side effect). It's now two years since diagnosis and 18 months since starting this medication.
This coming weekend will be busy. We are all going to our niece's wedding in Sydney. It should be lovely and we are looking forward to it. The drawback for us is that it's on Sunday afternoon and evening in the heart of Sydney, so we need to drive straight home in the middle of the night to be ready for work on Monday.
I imagine it will take all the next week to recover from that, but it will be worth it I am sure.
When I recover enough, I will try a new medication that the oncologist has suggested. It is a similar drug to the one I am on, but it has a different active ingredient.The hope is that it will alleviate the body aches. I think it's worth a try, even though the list of side effects is very long and daunting.

Cameron sold his car today. Rick and he only advertised it,on-line, the night before. This was a good outcome.

Cameron has now bought our Astra. It's a good car, so I think he'll like driving it. His old car served him well, but it was going to be too expensive to fix this time around.

These photos were taken last week when I was with Mum on the bus trip to the Burragorang Valley.

An old wooden church that still has services once a month and has a graveyard dating back to the First Fleet.


The Burragorang Valley that was flooded to make Warragamba Dam. The townships are below the water now.






No comments: