Friday, June 17, 2011

A day off

I have time today to write a quick note as I am not working. I have only worked one day this week! That was partly because I spent a lovely long weekend with Mum and Dad in Sydney. I didn't return until Tuesday afternoon. it was great to spend time with them. Dad hasn't been at all well lately, but he now seems to be recovering. This is great.
Rick spent the long weekend in Adelaide with a singing group. The big news is that this singing group (26 members) are going to tour next year (2012) and Richard has been invited to go along to sing. I am invited too.... to help with children's programs ans other things!
It's a LONG tour! 7 months in all. April and May will be touring in Australia and then June to October is touring many places around the world!
Richard has to work hard to learn literally hundreds of songs in preparation. All of February will be full-time rehearsals for him. I will be helping out with kids workshops here in January and then continuing with that throughout the tour. It is such a wonderful opportunity for us both ... but it is a long time away from home!
Also this morning I have finally decided to join facebook! I've been using Rick's account for months! I love seeing the photos of our new grandchild, Lois Janelle. They'll be here with us on July 30. Can't wait!

No comments: