Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lovely Spring Day


It's Saturday and it is a very pleasant Spring day.




We've had dozens of very large white camellias in the garden. The larger ones have all bloomed and now the smaller buds are taking their turn. This is one of the small ones. I should have taken some photos in the last couple of weeks!

I've had a good week and am happy to say that my health is indeed improving. It's been many, many months since I felt this well.

I am taking it easy after successfully working for two days in a row! This is something I haven't been able to do for a couple of months.
Thanks to a friend, I was able to find out that taking an antihistamine helps with the side effects of the Arimidex ( cancer medication that I have to be on for five years). I've been experimenting for the last week. I have found that it's taken away a lot of the awful grogginess I was experiencing and has also helped with after effects of the vertigo which I've been dealing with for the past 6 weeks or so. The GP has OK-ayed it, so I am giving it a go.

The other side effects of Arimidex eg joint aches , hot flushes, broken sleep etc are still with me, but they are largely manageable. I still am waiting to have my hearing and balance checked out, in case the two recent bouts of vertigo ( Oct 9 and 19) are an indication of some other condition, rather than a side effect of the medication.
Just over a year after my first surgery, I can say that I am doing reasonably well.

No comments: