Friday, October 9, 2009

Start of a new journey, October 2009

Thursday, October 1
The day started with me going to ACT Breast Screen to have follow- up tests after routine mammogram results, from September 18, came back a little questionable. I had been rung on Tuesday 29 Sept to tell me of the need to clarify the initial findings. This was my first real day of the school holidays!
I took plenty of stuff with me to do as the tests and waiting around would take 4 hours.
I got my Spelling lists done for the term, which was a good start.

The tests involved extra mammograms, ultrasound, examinations by a surgeon and a nurse and then a biopsy ( 3 samples). Everyone was so efficient and caring and the sandwiches were nice.

At the end of the 4 hours, I was told that the results of the biopsy would be available the following Tuesday. They suggested I keep myself occupied with fun things to do and being around supportive people, while I wait! This seemed a long time.

No comments: